Backup your phone data before setup, thanks!
Step 1: Prepare for first time setup
After installed App Freezer tool successful:
- Go [Settings] -> [Accounts] to temporarily remove all Accounts (you can add it back after setup completed)
- Go [Settings] -> […Security..] to temporarily remove all Passwords include PIN, Pattern, Fingerprints, Iris, etc (you can add it back after setup completed)
- A few devices also requires to temporarily remove your SIM card before setup, thanks!
Step 2: Install ADB Tool on Your Computer
ADB – Android Debug Bridge, is a command-line utility included with Google’s Android SDK. ADB can control your device over USB from a computer, copy files back and forth, install and uninstall apps, run shell commands, and more.
Window OS: please download MINI ADB AND FASTBOOT tool, run it after install (C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot\cmd-here.exe)
MAC OS or Linux: please download ADB TOOL FOR MAC & LINUX tool, extract it and install it following instructions below:
- Open Terminal, move to adb-tool-for-mac folder by using command:
2. After that, run command to install adb:
3. Finally, open the new Terminal window to run ADB tool
Step 3: Enable USB Debugging on Your Phone
To use ADB with your Android device, you must enable a feature called USB debugging. Open your phone’s app drawer, tap the Settings icon, and select “About Phone”. Scroll all the way down and tap the “Build Number” item seven times. You should get a message saying you are now a developer.
Head back to the main Settings page, and you should see a new option near the bottom called “Developer Options”. Open that, and enable “USB Debugging”.
Later on, when you connect your phone to your computer, you’ll see a popup entitled “Allow USB Debugging?” on your phone. Check the “Always allow from this computer” box and tap OK.
To test whether ADB tool is working properly, connect your Android device (only one device) to your computer using a USB cable and run the following command:
You should see a device in the list. If your device is connected but nothing appears in the list, you’ll need to install the appropriate drivers.
Step 4: Setup for App Freezer tool via ADB tool
Run the following command:
adb shell dpm set-device-owner com.wakasoftware.appfreezer/.receiver.DPMReceiver
MAC OS or Linux:
If you see the result like below, it means you did setup for this app successful:
- Uninstall the other apps which using Device Owner permission before setup for this app.
- Setup unsuccessful if you don’t remove all accounts before run the command or don’t Install [App Freezer] tool before run the command
Step 5: Reboot your phone and add accounts, passwords, sim card back
After setup successful, now you reboot your phone, you can add all your accounts, passwords, sim card back and using App Freezer tool without Root permission. Enjoy!
How to uninstall App Freezer tool:
Open [App Freezer] tool, click on [Menu] (3-dots at top-right corner) -> click on [Uninstall this app] to uninstall (may need do serveral times)